A busy few days

I had a busy end to the week, it was a good end to the week.

Thursday:  I am officially a student again with my own ID to prove it.  It was an interesting experience to go down to the school to take care of a few things and get my ID.  It is an art school in the heart of the city and it is teeming with the stereotypical art student (which seems like an oxymoron since there is nothing “typical” about them).  There I was in my khaki pants and cashmere sweater, looking like a soccer mom at a Yeah Yeah Yeahs concert.  But I am excited about the class and figure as it is an adult continuing studies course in Interior Architecture, there will more people who look like me than look like the rest of the very young looking students.  C came back from NYC tonight, glad to have him back home.  Now he can watch me do my injections instead of just being on the phone for them.

Friday:  This was a long day!  I got up at 2:00 AM to watch Chicago’s final Olympic bid.  I was so excited!!!  I brought my pillow out to the couch and laid down to watch.  It was fun to see and I learned so much about the Olympic bid process during this run for Chicago (I LOVE the Olympics).  I fell asleep on the couch about 4:30 and crawled back into bed at 5:00 when C got up.  I only slept for an hour or so before I had to get up and do my injections.  They went smoothly, I haven’t had any major bleeders since day two.  I then crawled back into bed hoping to sleep for a couple hours.  I couldn’t get back to sleep.  Finally I just got up and took a shower and waited for the Olympic voting to start.  It was so exciting and I debated rushing downtown to be a part of the crowd anxiously awaiting the results.  I am glad I didn’t go.  It was shocking and very disappointing when they were knocked out in the first round of voting.  They were expected to have a very close race with Rio for the bid, oh well.  I am very happy for Rio, it would have been very exciting to have the Olympics in Chicago, but Rio deserves it.  After that was all over, I ran a couple errands and hoped to come home to take a nap.  The nap never happened.   Oh well!

Saturday:  This is the big day!  Our appointment at the clinic was at 8:15 and then I had to rush downtown to class.  I got up at 6:00, took my shower and got my injections ready.  They went smoothly again, I only have enough for two more days so hopefully they will tell me all looks good at the clinic.  This was the first Saturday appointment I have had and it was interesting knowing all of the other women/couples there were about to go through the ER and ET in this next week or so.  They took my blood first, I was so glad Marilyn was the one doing it!  I didn’t even feel the needle go in, she is good!  The thought did cross my mind though, is there another procedure that requires as many needle pricks as this?  You can see all of the little dots on my backside from each injection.  It is starting to look like I sat on a bed of nails.  The ultrasound was quick and I was excited to hear the results.  They were good, but I was hoping for a little better.  There were two follicles on the right side that were already 11mm, exactly where they want them, and maybe five more on both sides that were still a little too small.  But the nurse said that can change very quickly and  if the numbers were really high when they got my bloodwork back she wanted me back on Sunday, otherwise I would go back on Monday morning.  We asked about possible retrieval date, she said at the earliest it would be the 9th but most likely the 10th (my birthday! We started the Lupron on my husband’s birthday – good signs I hope!)  Then they would probably do the ET on the 13th.  It was not bad news at all, so off I went to class.  I enjoyed the class and it was great to have something to do for three hours waiting for the call from the nurse.   By the time I got home it was almost 2:00 and they usually call around 2:30.  The phone rang, all is good with the blood and she would see me Monday morning.   Yea!!  I can see the end of the road!


3 Responses so far »

  1. 1

    Jim said,

    You sure have learned a lot of medical jargon and acronyms. You have growing expertise on the technology of fertility. Hope you will soon be on your way to learning the technology of child rearing.


  2. 2

    myndful said,

    So glad to hear things went well at the appointment. You are so near the end!! Woohoo!

    Have you had issues sleeping throughout or was it just that one day? Last night I was up past 1am. Just couldn’t sleep to save my life. Very, very odd. How are you feeling in terms of ovarian discomfort? Are you aware of them? Are you achy?

    Wow. I just can’t believe you’re in the home stretch. 🙂

    • 3

      I really only had trouble sleeping on the Lupron, now that I reduced that dosage it hasn’t been as bad. I have been more tired on the stims, but that may be because I get up extra early to do the injections. I am definitely aware of my ovaries, I feel some pressure and discomfort in that area off and on all day long. The ultrasound yesterday was the most uncomfortable one I have had and of course it seemed like she was taking a long time to get the pictures. I thought for sure I would have sore backside muscles doing the IM injections back there, but it hasn’t been bad.

      How are stims going for you? You go back in on Thursday right? Can’t wait to hear how it is going!

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: